I wanted to do a little experimenting with Better Batter Brownie Mix as there are usually a LOT of different types of brownies you can make. Today I experimented with cream cheese and caramel. And WOW is all I can say take a look for yourself on how they turned out.
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup grape seed oil (or any other oil we just prefer coconut or grape seed)
Cream Cheese filling ingredients:
1 package cream cheese room temperature
1/3 cup white sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream or Coconut Milk
2Tbs unsalted butter
1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degree's.
2) Take an 8X8 square glass pan and line it with parchment paper on the bottom and sides.
3) Prepare the Brownie Mixture according to the directions on the back of the box. I used 2 eggs instead of 3 for a more fudge like brownie.
4) Take your cream cheese, egg and white sugar and place in your mixer until smooth or a blender works as well. Make sure that the mixture is really smooth and can spread it very easily.
5) Make your caramel mixture. Take all of the caramel ingredients and place in a heavy bottom pan and bring to a boil. Make sure to stir constantly until the sauce thickens about 5-7 minutes. Remove the caramel from the stove.
6) Pour about 2/3 of your brownie mixture into the bottom of your parchment lined pan. Next take your cream cheese mixture and pour on top of the brownies. Smooth out the cream cheese mixture on top of the brownie mixture.
7) Next take your caramel sauce and pour on top of your cream cheese mixture and smooth out over cream cheese. Finally take the remaining 1/3 brownie mixture and pour on top of the caramel mixture. Once the brownie mixture is smoothed out take a knife and make swirls in your mixture. Be careful not to go too deep just the top needs some swirling.
8) Place the brownies in the oven for about 35-45 minutes to bake. I would recommend setting a timer for 30 minutes and then checking them every so often. The brownies are done when you fully insert toothpick and comes out clean about 1-1.5 inches from the edge of your pan. Remember I used a glass pan and a deep one so these brownies are thick. You will need to adjust your baking time if your using a metal pan and one that is shallow.
9) Let brownies cool to room temperature before cutting them up and ENJOY!