Saturday, June 29, 2013
Missing Beer Bread since you went Gluten Free look no further this bread is FANTASTIC.
3 cups Better Batter Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp Gluten Free yeast
3 tsp baking powder
1) Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. Then add 1 12oz bottle of Angry Orchard Hard Cider and mix until all flour is wet. Do not over mix and you will have a very dense bread.
2) Grease a bread loaf pan and pour the batter into the loaf pan.
3) Melt 1/4 cup butter and pour over the top of the loaf.
4) Place in the oven that is pre-heated to 350 degree's and cook for 1hr. Take out and enjoy!
Friday, June 28, 2013
I had a turkey leg that I had left over from Thanksgiving and I finally figured out how to use it. First I made some turkey broth with the leg. Then I used the broth to flavor the rice and the meat off the bone in this turkey fried rice.
1 cup rice (not minute rice)
2 cups turkey broth
1 - 16oz package of frozen carrots and peas
left over turkey to put into your fried rice
5 eggs scrambled and cooked
1-2 Tbs Tamari sauce or you can use Coconut Amino's if you can't have soy
1) Put rice in a microwave safe bowl with a lid and add your 2 cups of turkey broth. Microwave on high for about 6 minutes and then for 15 minutes at 50% power.
2) Scramble and cook your 5 eggs and set aside.
3) Cook your frozen veggies so that they are warm and mix with the rice. Add your turkey and scrambled eggs to the rice. Now add your Tamari sauce to your liking.
4) For a little extra kick add Sriracha sauce.
These pancakes are super simple and easy to make right in your oven so no standing over the stove waiting for the bubbles to appear and flip.
1 large banana
1Tbs Peanut butter or any nut butter or sun butter
1/8 tsp baking soda
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degree's and line a pan with parchment paper.
2) Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour 4 pancakes on your parchment paper.
3) Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes and if your oven runs hot like min they will cook in 7 minutes and the best part no need to flip them.
4) Remove from parchment paper and ENJOY!
WOW these are simply AMAZING I found the recipe at Better Batter Flour's website. I did modify their recipe for these beauties.
Original Filling Recipe Here
And I used the wonton wrapper recipe that they have listed on their site.
Wonton Wrapper Recipe Here
For the insides I used one jar of Muir Glen's Marinara Sauce, 1-8oz package of pepperoni that I chopped up in my food processor and about 3 cups block cheese that I shredded. I mixed the sauce, pepperoni and cheese together and would put a little bit of this mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper.
I fried min in oil and these left the plate VERY quickly. I put some in the freezer and they microwave very nicely. These are GREAT to have on hand just in case something comes up unexpectedly and you need something quick and easy for dinner.
If you enjoy this recipe you might enjoy MANY other recipes that you can find on Better Batter Flours Website
This is a GREAT dish for any night where you don't have a lot of time for prep work and cooking.
2lbs Tilapia fish filets
1 lemon juiced
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
4Tbs room temperature butter
4Tbs Mayo do not use Miracle whip doesn't taste right use Mayo
1/4 tbs dried basil
1) Lay out your Tilapia filets in a baking dish or on a cookie sheet or pizza pan covered with foil.
2) Take the lemon juice and pour all over your Tilapia filets and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
3) Bake your fish in the oven according to directions on the package or 350 degree's.
4) While fish is in the oven mix the Parmesan cheese, mayo, butter and basil together.
5) In the last 5 minutes of cook time on your fish pull it out of the oven and bump the oven temperature to 400 degree's. Place about 1Tbs of the mayo mixture over the top of your fish and place back in the oven after your oven is at 400 degree's.
6) Cook for 5 minutes and take the fish out of the oven and ENJOY!
Thursday, June 27, 2013
These are FANTASTIC if you want lasagna type of dish without any grains. You use the eggplant as your noodle.
32oz Ricotta Cheese
2-8oz packages fresh mozzarella
1 large egg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 package of Prosciutto
1 jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce
1) Cut the purple off of your eggplant and then cut the egg plant length wise. You need the pieces long so that you can roll them up.
2) Salt your egg plant and place on cooling racks with paper towel under them for about 3hrs. This helps get the extra water out of the egg plant so that you can cook it.
3) Once 3hrs have passed pat dry your eggplant and stack on a plate. Mix together your Ricotta cheese, egg, oregano, basic and Parmesan cheese. Open your package of Prosciutto so that you can assemble your eggplant roll ups.
4) Grab a baking dish about 8x8 and place about 1/2 cup of your spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
5) Take one slice of eggplant and place a piece of prosciutto on top of your egg plant. Now take a heaping spoonful of your ricotta cheese mixture and place it on top of the prosciutto evenly all over it. Now roll up your eggplant. Place eggplant roll up in your baking dish. Continue this process until your baking dish is full.
6) Once your roll ups are completed take the remainder of your marinara sauce and pour all over your eggplant roll ups.
7) Now take your fresh mozzarella and place thin slices over top of the marinara sauce.
8) Place the baking dish in the oven at 350 degree's until the mozzarella is nice brown and bubbly about 30 minutes.
9) Take out of the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes and ENJOY!
4Tbs cocoa powder
2Tbs coconut oil (melted)
1Tbs agave/honey/maple syrup (your choice)*
1) Mix all ingredients together and spoon into baking cups and place either a date or nut of your choice on top.
2) Sprinkle sea salt on top and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes and ENJOY!
* You can add more or less agave/honey/maple syrup to your desired taste
**They freeze very well and just let get to room temp to enjoy.
5oz's Better Batter All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 cup Sierra Mist ( you can use milk, butter milk, almond milk, rice milk or coconut milk)
1 large egg
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1) Heat up your griddle or non-stick pan.
2) Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
3) Add egg and oil and mix.
4) Gradually add the Sierra Mist Natural to your batter until combined. Do not over mix as your pancakes will be dense.
5) Pour batter onto hot griddle until both sides are golden brown. Enjoy with Maple Syrup.
This is a super easy dinner and doesn't require a lot of prep work or a lot of time in the kitchen. It's for those nights where your just not feeling like cooking.
1lb grass fed beef
1 bundle of asparagus
pinch of salt
1) Divide the ground beef into 6 even patties. Place them on a hot pan and cook until no more pink in the middle. Then place a slice of cheese on top in the last 2-3 minutes of cooking so that the cheese melts.
2) While the burgers are cooking take your asparagus and cut in half and place in a bowl. Now drizzle grapeseed oil over the top and a pinch of salt. Mix it up and place all asparagus in a hot pan to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until tender.
Enjoy that is all there is to this wonderful meal!
Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Chicken that is left over from the Garlic Lime Cilantro Chicken from the night before.
4 cloves of garlic smashed into a paste
10 oz's Tinkinyada Rice Noodles Fettuccine style
1) Cook noodles according to the package and set aside once made. Pour a little bit of oil into the noodles to keep them from sticking together.
2) Cut up the left over chicken and butter and place in a pan. Add garlic and juice of 1 lime and cook quickly for about 2-3 minutes and remove from stove.
3) Take a little bit of noodles and then add chicken to the top.
4) For fun you can add a little bit of Srachi sauce on top for a little extra kick.
Ingredients for chicken:
1 whole chicken
1/2 bunch of Cilantro
3Tbs Chili Powder
2 Tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 garlic head
1) Juice the limes and place all the rest of the ingredients into a food processor.
2) Place your chicken in a container that you can close and put in the fridge over night.
3) Puncture holes in your chicken ALL over both sides so that the marinade can get into the chicken meat.
4) Pour marinade over chicken and let set over night. I would recommend rotating the chicken in the morning to make sure that there is even coating on both sides of the chicken.
5) Next day pre-heat oven to 375 degree's and remove the chicken from the marinade. Take the marinade that is in the dish and pour it into the open cavity of your chicken for the baking process. Cook your chicken 1-1.5hrs until done or the juices run clear.
6) Let your chicken set for 10 minutes before cutting up so that your chicken remains juicy.
Ingredients for Candied Carrots:
2lbs whole carrots cut up into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup brown sugar
1) Cut your carrots into 2 inch pieces and place in a baking bowl that has a lid.
2) Cut up your butter and place on top of your carrots.
3) Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of your butter.
4) Place in the oven at 375 degree's with lid on top for about 30-45 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Banana and Apple Bread Recipe is doubled to make the loaves in the above picture
¾ cup Agave Nectar
½ cup butter room temperature
2 eggs beaten
½ cup coconut milk
¾ tsp baking soda
3 banana's mashed (for the doubled recipe I added 2 large apples that I shredded by hand)
1tsp gluten free vanilla extract
2 cups Better Batter Flour
1)Pre-heat oven to 350 degree's.
2)Grease 1 loaf pan.
3)Cream the agave nectar and the butter together.
4)Smash the banana's and shred the apples by had or if you have another shredder use it. Add the vanilla to this mixture
5)Add the banana's to the agave nectar and butter mixture until mixed together.
6)In a separate bowl mix the Better Batter Flour and baking soda together.
7)Add the flour mixture, coconut milk and beaten eggs to the 1st bowl.
8)Lightly mix this until combined do not over mix as you will end up with a very dense bread.
9)Place in pre-heated oven for 35-45 minutes depends on your oven. Make sure your oven rack is in the middle of the oven for best results. Insert toothpick and should come out clean this is how to make sure your loaves are done.
Better Batter Seasoned Flour
VERY cold cheese cut into 2 inch long by 1/2 inch thickness. I found it very easy to use block cheese and cut rectangles.
3-4 eggs for an egg wash
1/2-1 cup of Almond milk ( you can use rice milk or regular milk for this recipe)
1)Place your pan on your stove and pour enough grapeseed oil to cover the bottom of the pan to about 1/4 inch deep. Heat this up while your preparing your cheese sticks.
2) In one bowl put a good amount of Better Batter Seasoned flour and set aside.
3) In your 2nd bowl crack 2 eggs and put about 3 Tbs water in with the eggs and scramble them up well. This is your egg wash to help batter your cheese sticks.
4) In your last bowl place 1/2 cup of milk to start with and you can refill as you do your cheese sticks.
5) Cut your cheese into the desired shape and size for your cheese sticks.
6) Take your cheese sticks and dunk them all sides in the milk and then into the Better Batter Seasoned Flour.
7) Now take the cheese stick and dunk it into the egg batter and then back into the Better Batter Seasoned Flour.
8) Your oil should be hot and gently place your cheese stick into the oil and cook until golden brown on each side. Don't over cook as the cheese will go into your oil.
9) Place on a plate with paper towels and cool a little and enjoy!
Easy Coconut Fudge Cookies:
1 box of Better Batter | Gluten Free Flour Chocolate Cake Mix
1/2 cup butter (1 stick butter room temperature)
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Empty cake mix into a bowl and stir in the eggs and oil.
3) Roll the dough into balls and roll them in the 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes. Place on cookie sheet and cook for about 7-9 minutes these do spread.
4) Cool down on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes and enjoy.
**If you do not like coconut you can simply omit the coconut step and you have Easy Fudge Cookies instead that are incredibly good.
Monday, June 24, 2013
1 cup Sunbutter
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degree's
2) Mix all ingredients together with the exception of the chocolate chips. Once batter is mixed then add in the chocolate chips.
3) Take a scooper and scoop out balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
4) Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes and then let sit on the pan and cool for about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a plate to finish cooling.
2 cups Better Batter Flour
¼ cup sugar
1 cup cold butter
2 cups sugar
2/3 cups Better Batter Flour
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
5 cups cut up rhubarb
8oz cream cheese at room temp
¼ cup Agave Nectar or Honey
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1)Make the crust first by mixing the flour and sugar together and cut in the cold butter and mix until crumbly. Press into 15x10 baking dish and bake for about 10 minutes or until slightly brown. Allow this to cool before placing the filling mixture on top.
2)Pre-Heat the oven to 350 degree's and mix the flour and sugar together until combined. Now add the eggs and the whipping cream until mixture is smooth. Now add the rhubarb and pour over the cooled crust. Bake for about 30-45 minutes or until the custard sets (doesn't jiggle when you shake the pan). The custard will be brown on top and rise.
3)For the topping which can be made while the custard is baking. Pour the heavy whipping cream into your mixer and whip until it forms stiff peaks. Now add the agave nectar or honey this keeps the whipping cream from separating in the fridge. Now add the cream cheese in little hunks at a time until all the cream cheese is fully incorporated into the mixture. Place in a container in the fridge until the custard is out of the oven and completely cooled.
4)Once the rhubarb bars are completely chilled add the topping and place in the refrigerator for several hours and then serve chilled. These bars will not last long and are delicious.
1 1/2 cups sugar
10 oz's (2 /12 cups) Better Batter Flour ( I weight it out)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup Sierra Mist Natural
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice about 4 lemons
1/2 cup grape seed oil (or you can use olive, canola or safflower oil)
1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
2) Prepare bundt pan with nonstick spray and flour it ( I used a silicon pan and no need for spray)
3) Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, oil and the Sierra Mist Natural. Mix until combined. Do not over mix as it will make the cake tough.
4) Pour into bundt pan and place in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes or until dark golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool and then remove from pan and serve or let come to room temperature and serve.
Lemon Bundt Cake:
1 package Yellow Better Batter Cake Mix
1 package 3.4oz lemon pudding
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used blueberry unsweetened and couldn't tell)
1 cup Sierra Mist Natural
1 lemon juiced
1 8oz package cream cheese room temp
1 stick butter room temp
2 lemons juiced
honey just sweetened to your liking
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degree's.
2) Place cake mix and lemon pudding in bowl and mix together.
3) Make a well in the middle and place applesauce, eggs, 1 juiced lemon and 1 cup of Sierra Mist.
4) Mix until combined and put into a bundt pan and bake 40-50 min.
5) Take the cream cheese and butter and beat together. Now add the 2 juiced lemons and continue beating the cream cheese mixture. Now add honey to your liking. Remember the cake is sweet so a tart frosting pairs very nicely with this bundt cake.
6) Once cake is cooked and cooled frost or drizzle your frosting on it and enjoy
8oz's Better Batter Flour
1 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not the stuff with caking agent comes in a triangle shape and you shred it yourself works best) **
1 1/2 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond milk) it can be whatever milk your house uses.
1) Pre-heat your skillets so that they are hot and ready to go.
2) Mix the Better Batter Flour and Parmesan cheese together.
3) Put eggs in a bowl and mix them together then place on top of the flour mixture.
4) Add milk on top of the flour mixture and eggs.
5) Now mix everything together until smooth.
6) Pour about 1/4 cup onto skillet you might have to take the back of a spoon and smooth it out until it is thin. It doesn't take long to cook them about 1-2 minutes per side.
** For a cheese free version omit 2 eggs and increase your milk to 2 cups.
Black Magic Dark Chocolate Cake**
4 cups sugar
14 oz's Better Batter Flour
6 tsp's baking soda
1 cup unsweetened almond milk ( you can sub coconut milk, regular milk or rice milk)
1 cup grapeseed oil
2 tsp vanilla extra
2 cups boiling water
1.5 cups cocoa powder
Boil your 2 cups of water ad pre-heat the oven to 350. Grease and flour your pans or use parchment paper or wax paper on the bottom of your pans.
1) In a bowl sift together the baking soda, flour, cocoa powder together and add the sugar on top.
2) In your mixing bowl add eggs, milk, vanilla and oil and mix together.
3) Add all of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix on low and at the same time slowly pour the 2 cups of boiling water.
4) The batter will be very thin this is fine as this is how it should be. . Bake until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
This batter will make one 9 inch round and one 12 X15 rectangular cake.
** Better Batter Flour Came up with the unique name for this recipe thank you for the unique name.
2 Cups Better Batter Flour
2/3 cup butter COLD and cut up
1Tbs Baking Powder
1 cup Sierra Mist All Natural
2Tbs melted butter for your pan ( I used a glass pie pan)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree's
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
3. Cut in the butter and mix until it looks like little peas in your flour mixture.
4. Stir in the Sierra Mist just until the flour is wet do not over mix.
5. Your batter will be a little we and place your mixture carefully onto counter top lined with plastic wrap. You can sprinkle a little bit of flour on the top so you can handle the dough.
6. Now gently pat out the dough to about ½ inch thickness and take a biscuit cutter or a cup and start cutting your biscuits. Put the dough back together and cut out more biscuits and repeat until you can no longer cut out biscuits.
7. Take your melted butter and put in the bottom of your baking pan.
8. Place your biscuits on top of the butter and place in pre-heated oven.
9. Bake in the oven about 15 minutes or until the tops and bottoms are golden brown. Take out of oven and ENJOY!
2 boxes of Better Batter Chocolate Cake Mix
6 eggs (divided)
1 cup oil ( divided in 1/2 cups)
2 1/2 cups HOT water (divided into 1 1/4 cups)
2 cans Oregon Trail Sweet Cherries
1-16oz container heavy cream
1-2 Tbs Arrowroot powder
1oz semi sweet chocolate bar shredded
Agave Nectar or Honey
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degree's if using metal or glass pans and 325 degree's if using dark or non-stick coated pans.
2)Place either parchment paper or wax paper on the bottom of your baking pans. I used 2-8inch pans placing one box of mix in each pan.
3) Place 1 box of mix in a bowl, add 3 eggs and 1/4 cup oil. Now add the 1 1/4 cup HOT water and mix the batter at the same time and be careful not to over mix. Pour into prepared pan and repeat this procedure for box #2.
4) Place the cakes in the oven for 25-35 minutes. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean.
5) While your cake is baking in the oven drain your cherries allowing the juice to drain in a bowl. Take about 1/4 cup of the juice and stir in 1Tbs arrowroot powder. Now mix this arrowroot powder juice the remaining juice and place on the stove at a Medium to Medium High heat until it is pie filling consistency.
6) Once you have pie filling consistency add in your cherries and pour into a bowl to cool. Get the cherries to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator to cool.
7) Once the cakes are cooked place on wire cooling racks for about 10-15 minutes and remove the cakes from the pans. Place the cakes on the cooling racks.
8) Now place your mixer and your mixing blade in the freezer and chill for about 30min - 1hr. Once chilled remove from the freezer and put your heavy cream in the bowl and whip until it forms stiff peaks. Add agave nectar to your desired sweetness.
9) Assemble the cake once the cake has completely cooled. If your cake is not completely cooled you will end up with a cake that slides and it will be a mess.
10)Take one cake and place on the bottom and take your cherry mixture and place about 1/2 on the cake. Next you want to take your whipped cream and cover the cherries.
11) Now place the 2nd chocolate cake on top and quickly cover the entire cake with the whipped cream. Place some whipped cream in a pipping bag with Wilton Tip #1M and place stars all around the top of the cake and the very bottom of the cake as this will help hold in the cherries.
12) Place the remaining cherries in the middle of the top layer carefully and they will spread some this is fine.
13) Take your one ounce of semi sweet chocolate and use a fine grater to grind up the chocolate and put some on top of the cake. A very light coating. Now grind some into your hand and throw at the sides of your cake.
14) Place in either the fridge for later or you can place in the freezer and thaw out for a later date.