Monday, January 27, 2014
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Goodies
These were made up on a whim on Sunday just to see if I could make a good treat that was packed with protein, good fats and no added sugar other than mini chocolate chips.
1 cup room temp coconut oil
1 cup peanut butter (salt and peanuts only is what we use)
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (our flakes are very small pieces)
4 tsp mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup almond flour
1) Take all ingredients and mix together with the exception of the mini chocolate chips.
2) If the mix is too thick to spread place in the microwave for about 20-30 sec to melt the coconut oil a little bit.
3) Now mix in the mini chocolate chips.
4) Line a cookie sheet that is 8 X12 with wax paper. Pour the mixture onto the pan and place in the refrigerator for about 15-20 minutes until semi hard.
5) Cut the pieces and then place back in the refrigerator for storage.
6) ENJOY! These are a little salty with a little sweet.