Saturday, April 19, 2014
Vanilla Protein Pancakes with Vanilla Ice Cream on Top
I have fallen head over heals for protein pancakes as they are LIGHT and FLUFFY and the best part NO OIL and no buttermilk to get this to a light and fluffy texture. The recipe is for 1 serving and you can make it into however many pancakes you want. If you prefer a thicker pancakes make two with the batter. If you like thinner pancakes like I do you can make three the same size and the fourth is a little smaller.
Serving size: 1 person
2 scoops Ultra Protein Powder (30g)
2 eggs (whole eggs)
1 cup almond milk ( I used Silk Milk Original Almond)
1tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Better Batter Flour
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
1) Pre-heat your skillet, pan or iron griddle you plan on cooking your pancakes on.
2) Mix all the dry ingredients into a container that has a lid and shake them really well. Or you can put all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix together using a whisk.
3) Combine all wet ingredients into a small bowl and whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla together.
4) Now pour your wet ingredients on top of your dry and use a whisk and mix together. The batter doesn't need to be lump free. There might be a few lumps in the batter that is fine. If you over mix the pancakes might not turn out.
5) Let the batter sit a little bit until it thickens up a bit about 2-3 minutes.
6) Now pour desired amount on the pan and you can use the back of a spoon or a spatula to spread the mix into a circular shape on your pan.
7) You can tell when the pancake is ready to flip once the edges look firm. There should also be some bubbles in the middle of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 1-3 minutes on the opposite side again this time depends on how thick or how thin you are making your pancakes.
8) Once ALL of your pancakes are cooked and stacked. Take 1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream and place it on top and ENJOY!
***if you want you can top the ice cream with a frozen fruit mixture that is thawed. Or you can drizzle with honey, sprinkle some chocolate, etc as the possibilities are endless with this recipe***