This week I am hosting sides!
Macaroni salad is great, easy and very portable for camping trips. This recipe is nothing like you would get from any grocery store and doesn't taste like mayo. It has a very smooth and creamy texture everyone will be wanting seconds.
3 cups Tinkyada shells pasta
8oz frozen peas
1 cup cheddar in small chunks (block cheese works best)
1 cup mayo
3/4 cup heavy cream
1tsp double ground mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
2) While the pasta is cooking place 1 cup mayo, 1tsp double ground mustard, salt, pepper and heavy cream into a bowl and use a whisk to stir. It will be on the thin side this is how it is suppose to be.
3) After noodles are cooked drain them and use cold water over them so that you can get the noodles cold. Do not mix the mayo mixture with the noodles until the noodles are room temperature to cold.
4) After the noodles are cold mix the mayo mixture, noodles, peas and cheese together.
5) Then store your macaroni salad in a plastic container that will fit in your cooler. The macaroni salad will be very sloppy when you put into the container. When you store this overnight the pasta will absorb a lot of the liquid.
Enjoy! This makes a FANTASTIC and easy side for hot dogs, fish, meatloaf or any other main dish that you would make on the campfire for lunch or dinner. Macaroni salad is even great for a mid afternoon snack as well.
Veggie packets are one of the easiest items to bring for your camping needs. Frozen veggies can double as your ice in your cooler. All you need is aluminum foil, butter, salt and pepper. Take a piece of aluminum foil and place your veggies in the middle and wrap them up and throw them on the campfire for about 5-7 minutes and viola you have veggies to go with your lunch or dinner!
Sara has Almond Blueberry Pancakes mmmmmm sounds so good my mouth is watering head on over and check out her awesome recipe.
Campfire Chicken Fajita's WOW that sounds delicious and EASY for a campout head on over to Angela's kitchen for this great campout recipe.
S'mores from Naomi at Better Batter what more could you ask for dessert and she even has a bonus graham cracker recipe!
Post your recipe in your blog and link to it in the comments below. Feel free to use our awesome icon (above) to tag your blog as part of this awesome event. We’ll do a roundup of all the great recipes at the end of the CampOut, so join in any time!!