This week I am hosting Breakfast!
Breakfast is one of the BEST parts of your day when waking up in the fresh air, beautiful sun shinning and nothing else on your mind other than enjoying the day that is ahead of you. For these recipes you can prepare the caramel rolls ahead of time and pack them and just heat them up on your campfire. Or you can make the sticky buns over the campfire in 30 minutes while you enjoy your morning cup of coffee.
Wonderful Fluffy Biscuit Recipe
Prepared and rolled out with a rolling pin to about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thickness.
Ingredients for inside your caramel roll:
2Tbs room temperature butter
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar (depends on how sweet you want them)
** Cinnamon if you would like I omitted as we can't eat cinnamon in our house
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup heavy cream
2Tbs unsalted butter
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree's
2. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
3. Cut in the butter and mix until it looks like little peas in your flour mixture.
4. Stir in the Sierra Mist just until the flour is wet do not over mix.
5. Your batter will be a little we and place your mixture carefully onto counter top lined with plastic wrap. You can sprinkle a little bit of flour on the top so you can handle the dough.
6. Now gently pat out the dough and then take a rolling pin and roll out a little thicker than 1/4 inch but not 1/2 inch thickness. Try to roll out dough so that it forms a rectangular shape.
7. Take the back of a large spoon and spread the 2Tbs room temperature butter all over the rolled out biscuit dough. Then sprinkle brown sugar over the butter and press down a little bit so that the brown sugar stays.
8. Now carefully roll the dough into a log shape. You will need to press gently on the dough as your roll it. Mine would try to flake apart it's ok just press the dough back together and continue to roll until it is in a log form. Press the outside edges in to complete your log and cut into 1 1/2 inch thick pieces.
9. Take your melted butter and put in the bottom of your baking pan.
8. Place your rollss on top of the butter and place in pre-heated oven.
9. Bake in the oven about 15 minutes or until the tops and bottoms are golden brown.
10. Make your caramel sauce while the rolls are in the oven. Take the 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 2Tbs unsalted butter and 1/4 cup heavy cream and place into a sauce pan on Med-High heat. Stir constantly until the sauce thickens about 5-7 minutes. Once thickened remove from the stove and pour into a bowl until the rolls are out of the oven.
11. Once the rolls are cooked remove from oven and set on a cooling rack and drizzle the caramel sauce all over the tops of your rolls.
12. Enjoy warm or you can bake these in a tin with a lid and take camping for you for a very easy breakfast that tastes great!
* You can add cinnamon to your rolls if you would like along with nuts for the middle.
** You can add nuts to your caramel sauce if you would like just add them after you pour your caramel sauce into a bowl.
Easy Sticky Buns
Wonderful Fluffy Biscuits Recipe
(prepare recipe as the directions state)
1/4-1/2 cup brown sugar
2 pans make sure that they line up. I used two Wilton 8-inch cake pans.
1) Take your 2Tbs butter and melt over the campfire and heat just until the butter is melted.
2) Add your brown sugar so that the butter absorbs it and some extra. (see above picture)
3) Take your biscuits that your pre-made and place on top of the butter/brown sugar mixture. (see picture to the right).
4) Take your foil and crimp it around the edges of your pan creating a seal for the two pans. (see picture to the left)
5) Place on campfire for 15 minutes on one side and then flip to other side for an additional 15 minutes.
6) Remove from campfire and let set for about 3-5 minutes so that the foil is cool enough to handle. Remove top pan and ENJOY!
Love brownie's and s'mores well Angela has the perfect recipe Boxed oven S'more Brownies.
Nothing says yummy in your tummy like a loaded baked potato salad that Sarah created. It is a great side dish or wonderful mid afternoon snack to pack and take with you.
Tired of the same old same old campfire recipes change it up with this awesome Grilled Pizza Recipe from Better Batter .
Have any GREAT camping recipes you would like to share? We would LOVE to see them