Sunday, August 18, 2013

Cashew Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

 These cookies may look like they are burnt but they are not. They are cooked to perfection. They are made with cashew butter that I made from raw cashews that I roasted and then put into my food processor.

To see how you make cashew butter I HIGHLY recommend visiting this site to see the process in your food processor. Her images really helped me see the process so that I didn't get discouraged while making it.

I did however roast my cashews in the oven at 350 degree's F. I put 1.5 cups of raw cashew nuts in a metal pan and placed them in the oven for about 10 minutes just a little brown but not too much. This did speed up the process for making the cashew butter. Plus the taste of the cashew butter was AMAZING it just melts in your mouth.

Cashew Butter Pictures of the different stages before it becomes this BEAUTIFUL nut butter.


In this picture I have 2 cups of cashew butter in my mixing bowl and ready to make the cashew chocolate chip cookies.

I was really excited to see the dough I had to snap a picture of these beautiful cookies before they went into the oven. They get very large after they cook in the oven.


The GREAT part of these cookies are that the ingredients used are very simple and very easy.

Ingredients:

2 cups cashew butter
1/2 cup honey (you can substitute agave if you prefer)
1 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy chocolate chips work great or Ghirardelli mini chocolate chips)

Directions:

1) Beat together the cashew butter and the honey.
2) Next add one egg at a time until incorporated.
3) Add baking soda until combined.
3) Add chocolate chips.
4) Take a heaping spoonful and roll into a ball and press down a little bit.
5) Bake at 350 F for 5-7 minutes until brown. If they are not brown the middle of the cookie will not be cooked.
6) Take out of oven and cool on cookie sheet for about 2-3 minutes and then remove and finish cooling on a plate and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment