Friday, August 9, 2013
Chicken Satay with mixed veggies
The original recipe came from Maximized Living cookbook and when I saw the curry powder in the original recipe I decided I would change up the recipe. I modified the original recipe as it didn't fit our family and good thing I did as my recipe was a total hit!
2Tbs Cashew butter - our cashew butter just has cashews and salt in it.
1/2 cup Tamari sauce or coconut aminos
1/2 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed
3 cloves garlic smash through a press
1/2 tsp ground ginger
3 chicken breasts
1) Take chicken breasts and cube them and place into a glass container that you can cover with plastic wrap over night.
2) Mix all ingredients together and pour over chicken and let marinade over night.
3) Take bamboo skewers and soak them in cold water for about 30-45 minutes before you place your chicken on them.
4) Put chicken on bamboo skewers and then place chicken onto a pizza pan if your cooking in the oven. Otherwise you can cook on the grill for 5 minutes each side. If cooking in the oven heat oven to 375 degree's F and place pizza pan in oven. Make sure to have a pan under your pizza pan to catch the drippings.
5) If your cooking in the oven rotate after 7 minutes and then continue to cook for another 7 minutes.
6) Take out of oven and enjoy! We paired this with a broccoli stir fry vegetables mix and I dunked mine in a little bit of Sriacha sauce.
**Original recipe you would remove the ginger, reduce the garlic by one clove, add 2Tbs curry powder, add 1 tsp of Hot Sauce and add 3 more chicken breasts.