Thursday, August 8, 2013
Chinese Orange Chicken
YES you can have Orange Chicken and be gluten free at the same time. This recipe is pretty simple and is very tasty and can be a little time consuming unless you have a deep fat fryer. You will LOVE the end results as it is very very tasty.
1-2lbs chicken breasts
1 cup arrowroot powder
1/2 cup Better Batter Flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup coconut milk
water for thinning out the batter
1 bottle San J Orange sauce
1) Rinse your chicken and pat dry and cut into 1 inch pieces.
2) In one bowl place your arrowroot powder.
3) In another bowl combine your eggs, flour, baking powder and coconut milk. If batter is too thick use water to thin it out.
4) Take chicken pieces and coat with arrowroot powder then dip into wet batter and then back into the arrowroot powder and then into HOT oil. Cook until chicken is white or no longer pink in the middle.
5) Once chicken is cooked place on paper towel and continue cooking chicken until all cooked. Then take the bottle of orange sauce and coat all chicken and ENJOY!