Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Madiera Cake, Pound Cake or Butter Cake



 I saw a lobster roll cake in the Food Network magazine and it didn't have a recipe for the pound cake that they used. They used a pre-made pound cake which doesn't work for us since we are gluten free. I went through a couple of my cook books and thought hey I can do this gluten free no problem. I wanted to test the recipe first before my husband's birthday. I will post the lobster roll cake recipe when I make it in September for his birthday. In the meantime enjoy this awesome pound cake recipe.

Ingredients:
8oz (225g) flour
1tsp baking powder
8oz (225g) unsalted butter at room temp
8oz (225g) sugar

1tsp vanilla ( I didn't have vanilla and used almond extract 1/4 tsp)
4 eggs

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place parchment paper on the bottom of a loaf pan.
2) Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
3) Place unsalted butter in your mixer and add your sugar 2Tbs at a time until combined light and fluffy and add vanilla.
4) Add one egg at a time to your butter mixture beating an additional 1 min after each egg is added.
5) Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
6) Pour your mixture into your lined loaf pan and bake for about 1-1 1/4hrs until toothpick comes out clean. The outside will be a nice golden brown.
7) Let cool on a wire rack for about 10 min and then remove from loaf pan and let cool completely.
8) ENJOY!





No comments:

Post a Comment