Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Pan Fried Cheese Sticks
Better Batter Seasoned Flour
VERY cold cheese cut into 2 inch long by 1/2 inch thickness. I found it very easy to use block cheese and cut rectangles.
3-4 eggs for an egg wash
1/2-1 cup of Almond milk ( you can use rice milk or regular milk for this recipe)
1)Place your pan on your stove and pour enough grapeseed oil to cover the bottom of the pan to about 1/4 inch deep. Heat this up while your preparing your cheese sticks.
2) In one bowl put a good amount of Better Batter Seasoned flour and set aside.
3) In your 2nd bowl crack 2 eggs and put about 3 Tbs water in with the eggs and scramble them up well. This is your egg wash to help batter your cheese sticks.
4) In your last bowl place 1/2 cup of milk to start with and you can refill as you do your cheese sticks.
5) Cut your cheese into the desired shape and size for your cheese sticks.
6) Take your cheese sticks and dunk them all sides in the milk and then into the Better Batter Seasoned Flour.
7) Now take the cheese stick and dunk it into the egg batter and then back into the Better Batter Seasoned Flour.
8) Your oil should be hot and gently place your cheese stick into the oil and cook until golden brown on each side. Don't over cook as the cheese will go into your oil.
9) Place on a plate with paper towels and cool a little and enjoy!