Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Garlic Lime Cilantro Chicken with Candied Carrots
Ingredients for chicken:
1 whole chicken
1/2 bunch of Cilantro
3Tbs Chili Powder
2 Tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 garlic head
1) Juice the limes and place all the rest of the ingredients into a food processor.
2) Place your chicken in a container that you can close and put in the fridge over night.
3) Puncture holes in your chicken ALL over both sides so that the marinade can get into the chicken meat.
4) Pour marinade over chicken and let set over night. I would recommend rotating the chicken in the morning to make sure that there is even coating on both sides of the chicken.
5) Next day pre-heat oven to 375 degree's and remove the chicken from the marinade. Take the marinade that is in the dish and pour it into the open cavity of your chicken for the baking process. Cook your chicken 1-1.5hrs until done or the juices run clear.
6) Let your chicken set for 10 minutes before cutting up so that your chicken remains juicy.
Ingredients for Candied Carrots:
2lbs whole carrots cut up into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup brown sugar
1) Cut your carrots into 2 inch pieces and place in a baking bowl that has a lid.
2) Cut up your butter and place on top of your carrots.
3) Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of your butter.
4) Place in the oven at 375 degree's with lid on top for about 30-45 minutes or until the carrots are tender.