Thursday, June 27, 2013
Eggplant Roll Ups
These are FANTASTIC if you want lasagna type of dish without any grains. You use the eggplant as your noodle.
32oz Ricotta Cheese
2-8oz packages fresh mozzarella
1 large egg
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 package of Prosciutto
1 jar of spaghetti or marinara sauce
1) Cut the purple off of your eggplant and then cut the egg plant length wise. You need the pieces long so that you can roll them up.
2) Salt your egg plant and place on cooling racks with paper towel under them for about 3hrs. This helps get the extra water out of the egg plant so that you can cook it.
3) Once 3hrs have passed pat dry your eggplant and stack on a plate. Mix together your Ricotta cheese, egg, oregano, basic and Parmesan cheese. Open your package of Prosciutto so that you can assemble your eggplant roll ups.
4) Grab a baking dish about 8x8 and place about 1/2 cup of your spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the pan.
5) Take one slice of eggplant and place a piece of prosciutto on top of your egg plant. Now take a heaping spoonful of your ricotta cheese mixture and place it on top of the prosciutto evenly all over it. Now roll up your eggplant. Place eggplant roll up in your baking dish. Continue this process until your baking dish is full.
6) Once your roll ups are completed take the remainder of your marinara sauce and pour all over your eggplant roll ups.
7) Now take your fresh mozzarella and place thin slices over top of the marinara sauce.
8) Place the baking dish in the oven at 350 degree's until the mozzarella is nice brown and bubbly about 30 minutes.
9) Take out of the oven and let rest for about 10 minutes and ENJOY!